What to do in Marseillan Plage
This resort in the Bas-Languedoc region is as much appreciated for its rich historical heritage as for the beauty of its natural sites.
The destination is well known for its 6 km of fine sand and clear turquoise water.
In addition to swimming, Marseillan Plage offers a wide range of water sports , including sailing, stand-up paddling, scuba diving and boat trips.
The resort, with its attractions and restaurants, also offers particularly lively evenings.
Your stay here is also an opportunity towander the streets of the village. It’s a great opportunity to meet the locals, discover the charming old houses and visit the port, whose quays are perfect for a stroll.
Many holidaymakers also enjoy a trip on the Canal du Midi, offering a panoramic view of Marseillan harbor.
We can also mention various outdoor activities such as tennis, go-karting or bike rides.
Visit Marseillan in Hérault
From its Roman remains, the first traces of its foundation in Antiquity, to its marina and seaside resort of Marseillan-Plage, Marseillan has many faces, both traditional and modern. The town benefits from the dynamism of the Sète Agglopole Méditerranée conurbation, while retaining the old-world charm that makes it so special. Its various natural areas and architectural heritage offer visitors a wide choice of year-round activities.
If you love swimming and water sports, the 4 km of fine sand welcome you for a few hours of thrills, refreshment and escape between sea and lagoon. If you stay at a Marseillan campsite in summer, the beaches near the port (Honneur, Robinson est) are busier.
between the alleys
Top 5 things to do in Marseillan
- Walk along the promenade of Plage d’Honneur at dusk: Between the port and Avenue de la Méditerranée, a beautiful promenade has been laid out. It is popular with walkers, runners and families. The perfect time to discover it? Probably at sunset, when our beloved star hides beneath the waters of the Mediterranean.
- Take a boat trip on the Canal du Midi and the Etang de Thau: This is one of the most popular activities, appealing to all ages and tastes. Visit the harbour to see the boats and find out about the packages on offer, prices and departure times.
- Admire the boats in the marina: barges, sailboats, catamarans, rowing boats: the Marseillan harbor can accommodate up to 320 boats. It doesn’t open onto the sea, but onto the Etang de Thau, a detail you’re sure to appreciate.
- Rent a bike and use the cycle paths: Several cycle paths have been laid out along the shores of the Etang de Thau. Rent a bike for a day or half-day and experience the joys of bicycle touring with your family in complete safety. Here’s a tip: on the outward journey, you can follow the north shore, stopping off at Mèze, have a bite to eat in Sète and then return via the south shore. The views on the way back are fabulous, with the sea on the left and pink flamingos populating the pond on the right.
- Taste vermouth from Maison Noilly Prat: Located on the shores of the Etang de Thau, Maison Noilly Prat has specialized in the production of vermouth, a flavored wine, since 1913. You don’t need to be an oenologist or wine lover to enjoy the tour and, of course, the tasting.
Discover other places of interest in Marseillan.