Don’t miss a visit to Pézenas during your stay at camping Cap d’Agde Les Champs Blancs!
Pézenas, a town that seduced Molière
Home to Molière, Pézenas has a spellbinding charm… You’ll understand when you see its craftsmen and its architectural heritage, which seem to have escaped the passage of time. A must-see place of interest in the Hérault!
The passion for theater is still alive and well in this city where, like Molière, the former governors of Languedoc chose to settle. Visit the famous theater, for example, during your camping holiday in Pézenas.
Top 5 things to see and do in Pézenas
- Discover the 30 listed historic sites: Heritage lovers won’t be left out in the city of Piscén. Private mansions, monumental gates, the church of Sainte-Ursule, a sculpture trail dedicated to Boby Lapointe: your sightseeing program will soon be full, and all just a few kilometers from your Pézenas campsite.
- Admire the organ at Saint-Jean collegiate church: This handsome edifice, built in 1735, is distinguished by its domes adorning the side aisles, its north chapel and its organ, which is similar to those in Saint-Roch church in Paris.
- Attend a performance at the theater: Founded in 1803, the Pézenas theater pays special tribute to this art form and to one of its masters, Molière. Find out what’s on before you visit, so you can spend a unique moment in this French cultural Mecca.
- Visit the Musée Vulliod Saint-Germain: This cultural space is recommended if you want to learn more about the town’s history. It is housed in a private mansion dating from the 16th century. One room of the museum is entirely dedicated to Molière.
- Stroll through the gardens of Domaine de la Grange des Prés: This former country house of the governors of Languedoc boasts an Italian-style garden with elegant terraces overlooking the Hérault plain. Take the path through the park, admire the château’s facade, recharge your batteries in this haven of peace, and tell yourself you were right to book a mobile home or chalet rental at a campsite near Pézenas.
More about Pézenas